June Favorites: Travel YouTubers



If you are a lifestyle blogger, beauty guru, YouTuber, etc... the thing ta do was once all about the monthly favorites.  You still see them here and there across various internet platforms, but they are mostly coming out these days in more re imagined ways - for example the monthly wrap-up that is oh-so-popular in the BookTube universe (yes, that is a thing).

As for me, I've decided to reinvent that classic monthly favorites to suit my own purposes.  I'm always hungry for new creative content, and I love getting recommendations for books, blogs, podcasts, etc... from my friends.  So, I am going to use my monthly favorites to highlight what I have found is some of the best creative content out there.

I'm kicking off this series with my top five favorite travel YouTubers, because if you are anything like me (classic, broke college student) and you can't afford to see the world first hand, experiencing the world through the lens of a travel vlogger is basically the next best thing. So, without any more chat, let's get into the list!

5. Ollie Ritchie



Ollie is #5 out of 5 on this list ONLY because I just discovered his channel recently, and I haven't had time to fully dig into the content.  I'm sure he will be moving up the list in the very near future.  Because oh my goodness.  Everything on his channel is beautiful.  So much quality, so much engaging content. Each of Ollie's videos is short and somewhat simple in that they don't contain so much of the conversational vlogger style.  I think if I had to choose one word to describe this channel, it would be cinematic.  Just so so gorgeous I can't even explain it.

4. Sawyer Hartman



Again, Sawyer is a newer channel to me, but all of his content stands out so beautifully from so many travel vloggers out there.  I think one huge draw to Sawyer is the unique aspect of his videos.  He isn't trying to copy all the other YouTuber, or provide content that is proven to be popular.  He is creating his own style, characterized by beautiful, cinematic music and stunning drone shots. If you want a completely immersive travel experience, Sawyer's channel is the place to be. 


3. Aspyn and Parker




Aspyn Ovard Ferris is a beauty YouTuber based in Utah, and this vlogging channel follows the daily lives of her and her husband Parker.  This is not primarily a travel channel, but this couple travels so much - to the point where it is often rare for them to find themselves at home for even a week at a time.  I'm not a huge fan of the main channels of either Aspyn or Parker, but they do have a beautiful filmmaking style, and they are constantly working with brands and travel companies who have given them the opportunity to visit places such as Greece, the Maldives, India, Hawaii, and more

2. Erik Conover



 Okay, if I could only give one reason to follow Erik's channel, it would be the DRONE SHOTS.  Oh my word.  But seriously, there is so much quality packed into each video.  Erik is based on NYC, so a good majority of his videos are NYC daily grind vlogs which are so popular right now.  Because of this, I feel that his travel videos (which are GOLD) just don't get enough love.  Believe me, I enjoy a good daily vlog (and that may be the topic of a future favorites video) but Erik pours so much work and dedication into his travel videos, and I would love to see the day where they begin to generate as much or more buzz as his daily life vlogs.  (in case I haven't made my point, here are some drone shots for your aesthetic enjoyment).





1. Sarah Nourse



Sarah is a brilliant minimalist, entrepreneur, and travel vlogger.  She is American and her husband Matthias is Swiss-German, so they have lived in several countries throughout their marriage so far, including American and Berlin, Germany.  They also travel frequently within Europe, and Sarah has such a welcoming, conversational style in her vlogs.  If I had to pick one travel YouTuber to go adventuring with, I would definitely choose to third-wheel it with Sarah and Matthias.  Sarah's vlog channel, Everything Sarah, is linked above, but her main channel is full of practical travel advice, such as navigating foreign countries and traveling on a budget.

I hope this post has given you the encouragement to travel through the eyes of these YouTubers.  For me, seeing so many incredible cities, nations, and cultures along with my favorite YouTubers is so amazing - but it gives me the motivation to work that much harder so I can travel to a few of these places for real someday.  Comment below your favorite travel YouTubers, or your favorite locations that you have traveled in real life! 


**all images from this post are direct screenshots from the videos mentioned or are property of respective YouTubers.  I do not own any featured images**

Comments